The Connolly law firm can construct an offshore asset protection trust that acts an effective barrier against creditors.
What does OAPT stand for?
OAPT stands for Offshore Asset Protection Trust
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OAPT
We have 2 other meanings of OAPT in our Acronym Attic
- Ohio Association of Pretrial Services Agencies
- Ohio Association of Pupil Services Administrators (Avon, OH)
- Older Adults Protective Services Act (PA, 2003)
- Ortho Amino Phenol 4 Sulphonic Acid
- Ontario Association of Police Services Boards (Canada)
- Ohio Association of Public School Employees
- Ohio Association of Professional Specialty Lines Offices (specialty risk insurance)
- Ontario Association of Property Standards Officers (Canada)
- Ontario Association of Professional Searchers of Records
- Ontario Association of Professional Social Workers (now Ontario Association of Social Workers; Canada)
- Ohio Association for Pupil Transportation
- Ohio Association of Public Treasurers (Parma, OH)
- Oklahoma Association for Pupil Transportation
- Ontario Association of Physics Teachers
- Office of Advocate for Persons With Disabilities (New York)
- Office of Accreditation and Quality (Switzerland)
- Office of Acquisition Management
- Office of Air Quality (Indiana Department of Environmental Management)
- Ordre des Architectes du Québec (Canada)
- Ordre des Audioprothésistes du Québec (French: Quebec Order of Hearing Aid Acousticians; Quebec, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Offshore asset protection trusts can make it more costly and difficult for those creditors to locate assets, but they are truly effective only if you are also willing to flee the country to retain your assets should you have a judgment against you.
The recent past has seen the frequent use of offshore asset protection trusts established in creditor-friendly jurisdictions.
Frankly, I think some people would claim--I don't know if he would claim--that Barry Engel is the inventor of the offshore asset protection trust.
Prior to the passage of the Alaska and Delaware legislation, [he consensus among experts in the field of trusts and estates was that an offshore asset protection trust offered the maximum amount of creditor protection.