Today, the Supreme Court will hold an en banc session for the oral argument on the motion for reconsideration filed by the government's lawyer, the Office of the Solicitor General, on Wednesday.
What does SOL stand for?
SOL stands for Office of the Solicitor (US Department of Labor)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SOL
We have 183 other meanings of SOL in our Acronym Attic
- Stichting Ondersteuning Klachtopvang Gezondheidszorg (Dutch: Support Complaint Relief Foundation Health; The Netherlands)
- Sokil Express Lines Ltd.
- Service-Oriented Knowledge Management (conference)
- Stichting Okinawa Kobujutsu Nederland (Dutch: Netherlands Okinawa Kobujutsu Foundation; martial arts)
- Sonderkommando (German: Special Command)
- Save Our Kids Smiles (Australia)
- Science Opportunities for Kids Society (Canada)
- Sentral Organisasi Karyawan Swadiri Indonesia (Indonesian workers union)
- Service Oriented Knowledge Utilities
- [not an acronym] (Mars solar day)
Samples in periodicals archive:
IN FEBRUARY, Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Justice Department's Office of the Solicitor General would no longer defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) in federal court.
Byline: Aled Blake THE Cardiff office of the solicitors, Eversheds has acted on the flotation of the first real estate investment trust (Reit) vehicle in the UK in a move raising pounds 160m.
Byline: By Tony Henderson Documents linked to Northumberland heroine Grace Darling were withdrawn from an auction yesterday at the office of the solicitors who dealt with the famous family.
Seth Waxman, himself a former Solicitor General, has pointed out that "the office of the Solicitor General of the United States is a wonderful and unique creation," (1) noting that only the holder of that office, among all the officers of the federal government, is required by statute to be "learned in the law.