The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and the Dutch Data Protection Authority said their findings for what they called a "collaborative investigation into the handling of personal information" by the California-based company.
What does OPC stand for?
OPC stands for Office of the Privacy Commissioner (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OPC
We have 256 other meanings of OPC in our Acronym Attic
- Ocean Prediction Center (US NOAA)
- Ocean Processing Center
- Odstock Parish Council
- Odua Peoples Congress
- Off Peak Car
- Off Premises Contact (timeshares)
- Office de la Protection du Consommateur
- Office of Primary Concern
- Office of Public Correspondence (Treasury Department)
- Office of Public Counsel
- Office of the Protective Commissioner (Australia)
- Office Protestant de la Communication
- Official Payments Corporation (electronic payment options)
- Official Porsche Centre (vehicles; various locations)
- Offshore Patrol Cutter
- Oficiul Pentru Protecþia Consumatorilor (Romanian: Office for Consumer Protection)
- Oil Palm Company (Nigeria)
- Oil Pipeline Company
- Oilfield Production Consultants Ltd
- Ojai Playwrights Conference (Ojai, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
You need to file a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner concerning the surreptitious taping by a senior CF officer of private office conversations with his immediate subordinate.
com (Staff) Google Buzz has stirred a lot of emotion since it launched just ten days ago; the new social network has already been hit with a class-action lawsuit, a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission, and a possible investigation by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
According to their website, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, in conjunction with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia and the Vancouver Integrated Security Unit (VISU), have been working to ensure that surveillance and other security measures do not unduly infringe on the rights of participants, workers, visitors or nearby residents.
We re very confident that by meeting the requirements of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, that will help us" in dealing with privacy concerns of officials in other countries, said Richard Allan, Facebook director of European privacy and policy.