In actual practice, however, Brcko District was put under the wing of The Office of the High Representative (OHR), the major authoritative representative of the peace-making countries via the Dayton Agreement, residing in Sarajevo.
What does OHR stand for?
OHR stands for Office of the High Representative (in Bosnia and Herzegovina)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OHR
We have 39 other meanings of OHR in our Acronym Attic
- Oral Health Questionnaire
- Outdoor Health Questionnaire (UK)
- Overseas Headquarters
- Ontario Health Quality Council (Canada)
- On Hand Quantities with Dollar Amount
- Oral Health-Related Quality of Life (UK)
- Oak Hills Research (Aurora, CO)
- Office for Human Rights (various locations)
- Office of Health Research
- Office of Human Resources
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Old Homes Restored (show)
- Operational Hazard Reports
- Optical Handwriting Recognition
- Optimal Hedge Ratio (investing)
- Oracle Human Resources (software)
- Orchestre d'Harmonie du Rhone
- Order Handling Rules (stock trading)
- Occupational Health Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance (Iraq)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The two-days conference will be held in cooperation with the UN Office of the High Representative for Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States.
The Office of the High Representative (OHR), installed after the 1992-95 war, still has power to dismiss Bosnian officials or overturn laws seen as endangering the country's fragile peace.
Bosnia and Herzegovina--USG assistance is requested to help the country step away from crisis, regain momentum on Euro-Atlantic integration, and remedy the country's uneven progress in reform which led the international community to extend the mandate of the Office of the High Representative (OHR).
Well, the Office of the High Representative can dismiss elected presidents, prime ministers, judges, and mayors without submitting to review by any independent appeals body.
Sponsored by the nations of Tuvalu and the Marshall Islands, with assistance from the UN Office of the High Representative for Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS), the panel discussion became one of the most talked-about side events at the 2007 Commission, said Tahirih Naylor, a representative of the Baha'i International Community to the UN.
Although often presented as a peace agreement rather than a framework for the reconstruction of Bosnia, the civilian annexes comprised five-sixths of the Dayton accords and involved a wide range of activities in which international actors, coordinated by the Office of the High Representative (OHR), were mandated to temporarily play key co-ordinating roles (Gow, 1998: 169).