Carter, whose motto is "Green the Ghetto," founded Sustainable South Bronx and was the driving force behind the creation of Hunts Point Riverside Park - the first waterfront park that the South Bronx had had in more than 60 years "The talk is mostly to raise awareness and see where the conversation takes us," said Marcela Uribe-Jennings, assistant dean and director of the office of multicultural affairs at WSU, adding that the students chose a theme and then found a speaker qualified to discuss the topics associated with it.
What does OMIA stand for?
OMIA stands for Office of Multicultural Affairs (college resource)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OMIA
We have 6 other meanings of OMIA in our Acronym Attic
- Open Messaging Interface Global Language Support and Uniform Environment
- Open Messaging Interface High-Performance Heterogeneous Interprocessor Communications
- Open Messaging Interface Highly Optimised Reusable Nucleus
- Open Messaging Interface Modular Microprocessor Implementation
- Open Messaging Interface Modular MicroElectronic-Systems Design project
- Open Messaging Interface Standards Methodology and Harmonization
- Open Messaging Interface Porting the EOS RTOS on the ARM THUMB architecture
- Open Messaging Interface Transputer Macrocell Project
- Open Messaging Interface Tools
- Ocean Marine Insurance Agency (Warwick, RI)
- Old Mutual Investment Administrators (South Africa)
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Animals
- Ontario Mutual Insurance Association (Canada)
- Open Mobile Internet Alliance (telecommunications)
- Organic Marketing Initiatives And Rural Development (UK)
- Observer Mission in Burundi (peacekeeping; UN)
- One Machine Infinite Bus
- Online Monitoring and Identification of Bioaerosols (Department of Computer Science; Universität Freiburg; Freiburg, Germany)
- Observer Mission in the Comoros (UN)
- Ontario Mineral Industry Cluster (Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At Seattle University outreach is a combined effort from Campus Ministry and the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
Three new governors were elected to the NLN Board of Governors for three-year terms ending in 2012: Rumay Alexander, EdD, RN, associate clinical professor and director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs in the School of Nursing at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; Carol Boswell, EdD, RN, CNE, ANEF, professor and co-director of the School of Nursing at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Andrews; and Pamela Di Vito-Thomas, PhD, RE, CNE, director of the nursing program of Coffeyville Community College, Coffeyville, Kansas.
Sunday, downtown community leaders, the UO's Office of Multicultural Affairs and others will share favorite passages by black writers.
The program was sponsored by the African, Latino/Hispanic, Asian and Native American Network and the office of multicultural affairs at the college.
Keynote speech by Lyllye Parker of UO Office of Multicultural Affairs.
The program is sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and ALANA network.