The special election was held to replace the seat vacated by Democrat Senator Nick Gautreaux, who was appointed by Governor Bobby Jindal to direct the Office of Motor Vehicles.
What does OMV stand for?
OMV stands for Office of Motor Vehicles
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OMV
We have 28 other meanings of OMV in our Acronym Attic
- Olympia Microcomputer User Group (Olympia, WA)
- Omaha Macintosh User Group (Omaha, NE)
- One Market Under God (book)
- Offline Machine Unit Hours
- Ohio Model United Nations
- Online Model United Nations (also seen as O-MUN)
- Object Mapping Using Reflection
- Ohio Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Output Multiplexer
- Oblates of the Virgin Mary (religious order)
- Ongoing Monitoring and Verification (UN and International Atomic Energy Agency; Iraq)
- Open Market Value (automobiles)
- Open Media Vault
- Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle
- Österr Mineralöl Verwaltung (Austrian Mineral Oil Administration)
- Outer Membrane Vesicle
- Österreichische Mineralölverwaltung (German)
- Office of Military and Veterans Affairs (Wayne State University; Detroit, MI)
- Ontario Military Vehicle Association (est. 1986; Ontario, Canada)
- Optimum Magnified Visual Angle
Samples in periodicals archive:
465 million in 2007, according to the Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration's Office of Motor Vehicles.
The Office of Motor Vehicles in the Department of Finance & Administration recently mailed notices informing new and used car dealers and rental car agencies that state law prohibits the use of unofficial license plates on the rear of a motor vehicle.