Office of Motor Carriers (OMC), which was previously responsible for oversight of the trucking industry, but whose primary function was to maintain and build America's highways--not provide and enforce safety on the roadways.
What does OMC stand for?
OMC stands for Office of Motor Carriers
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of OMC
We have 250 other meanings of OMC in our Acronym Attic
- Oakland Municipal Code (California)
- Ocala Metropolitan Campus (Webster University; Ocala, FL)
- Occupational Measurement Center
- Occupational Medical Clinic (various locations)
- Occupational Medicine Center
- Office for Multicultural Faculty Careers (Brigham and Women's Hospital; Boston, MA)
- Office Management Committee (various organizations)
- Office of Managed Care
- Office of Management Controls
- Office of Military Cooperation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Logical candidates to assume this role include industry associations such as the American Trucking Associations, industry consultants, regulatory agencies such as the Office of Motor Carriers, and the trade press.
1, 1999, under a broad restructuring initiative at FHWA headquarters, the Office of Motor Carriers and Office of Highway Safety joined together as a core business unit - the Office of Motor Carrier and Highway Safety (OMCHS).
First, in accordance with the restructuring of FHWA, Reagle's Office of Motor Carriers became the Office of Motor Carrier and Highway Safety with some additional safety-related responsibilities.
Program oversight shifted to DOT's Office of Motor Carriers as work shifted from research and development to deployment.
At the time of this interview, Reagle led the Office of Motor Carriers, which became the Office of Motor Carriers and Highway Safety on Jan.