In 1992, the EPA created the Office of Environmental Justice to integrate EJ into its policies, programs and activities.
What does OEJ stand for?
OEJ stands for Office of Environmental Justice
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OEJ
- Open Event Incentive Program (horse shows)
- Office Efficiencies (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Office of Environmental Impact Review
- Offshore Engineering Information Service (Heriot Watt University)
- Omphalocele-Exstrophy-Imperforate Anus-Spinal Defects (birth defect complex)
- On-line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
- Overseas Environmental Impact Statement
- Odem-Edroy Independent School District (Odem, TX)
- Open-Ended Inter-Sessional Working Group
- Oddzial Elektroniki, Informatyki, Telekomunikacji (Polish: Division of Electronics, Information Technology, and Telecommunications; Association of Polish Electrical Engineers)
- One Eyed Jack
- Ohio Election Justice Campaign
- King Abdulaziz Intl Airport (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
- Osborne Enterprises Jellyroll Productions
- Open European Journal on Variable Stars
- Oda Ekonomike e Kosovës (Albanian: Kosova Chamber of Commerce)
- Offenbach Edition Keck (sheet music book)
- Olbiil Era Kelulau (Palauan legislative body)
- One Eyed King (fan fiction)
- Orchestra Ensemble Kanazawa (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The establishment of a dedicated Office of Environmental Justice within the US Federal Government Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is seen as a response to the environmental justice movement (Hannigan 2006, Mitchell 2004, Taylor 2000), and it is increasingly common to view environmental conflicts through an environmental justice lens.
Working effectively with communities is so important in improving the environmental status of our country," said Jonathan Hook, director of the Office of Environmental Justice and Tribal Affairs at the EPA's Region 6 Headquarters.
A professor of public and environmental policy at Indiana University, Rhodes wrote his book after a sabbatical spent at the EPA's Office of Environmental Justice.
EPA, Office of Environmental Justice and Office of Enforcement/Compliance Assurance, 1998: 1).
A black community activist who now heads the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality's Office of Environmental Justice, Dickerson thought she was doing right by both the environment and the impoverished, mostly black community of Romeville when, in 1997, she helped shepherd through a deal to build Shintech Corporation's state-of-the-art, $700 million polyvinyl chloride plant in St.
com/ien/), EPA's Office of Environmental Justice (es.
An Institutional Response: EPA's Office of Environmental Justice Dr.