In 2000, as part of its Wetlands Restoration Program, the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management launched the Purple Loosestrife Biocontrol Project, which uses the Galerucella beetle to control the invasive weed.
What does OCZM stand for?
OCZM stands for Office of Coastal Zone Management (NOAA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Office of Children and Young People (various organizations)
- Orange County Young Republicans
- Oldham County Youth Soccer Association (Crestwood, KY)
- Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra (California)
- Official Crossing Zone
- Operational Control Zone
- Optical Clear Zone (ophthalmology)
- Order of Ch'an Zen (gaming clan)
- Outer Collagenous Zone (ophthalmology)
- Ogemaw County Zoning Board (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Susan Snow-Cotter, acting director of Massachusetts' Office of Coastal Zone Management, says the plan will be reviewed every five years, with its first generation focusing on managing structures.
The state has a role also in the form of the Office of Coastal Zone Management.