Another thing I was thinking about was the nuclear war survival-drills our schools and the Office of Civil Defense used to have us school kids do back in the 1950s and 1960s.
What does OCD stand for?
OCD stands for Office of Civil Defense
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OCD
We have 149 other meanings of OCD in our Acronym Attic
- Obsessive Comics Disorder
- Obsessive Completion Distinction
- Obsessive Cullen Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Occupational Cerviobrachial Disorder
- Ocean Chemistry Division
- Off Campus Dons
- Off-Chip Driver
- Offensive Central Defender (gaming)
- Office of Child Development
- Office of Civilian Defense (USA)
- Office of Coal Development
- Office of Commonwealth Development (Massachusetts)
- Office of Community Development (USDA)
- Office of the Center Director
- Officer Career Development
- Officer of Civilian Defense (US Navy)
- Official Catholic Directory
- Offshore and Coastal Dispersion
- Offshore Centre Denmark
Samples in periodicals archive:
A child there died when a concrete fence of a house collapsed, said Benito Ramos, head of the Office of Civil Defense.
We are asking everyone still refusing to leave their homes to let authorities evacuate them," Office of Civil Defense administrator Benito Ramos told AFP as he inspected the farming town of Calumpit, two hours drive north of Manila, which has been flooded for days.
Glenn Rabonza, head of the Office of Civil Defense, said villages in the three towns at the foot of the country's most active volcano were severely hit, including Daraga town where 82 people were confirmed dead.
Office of Civil Defense administrator Benito Ramos, who visited the area Sunday, said many residents refused calls to be rescued from their homes despite repeated warnings they were putting themselves in harm s way.
With its enormous cloud band, the slow-moving typhoon drenched the northern part of the Philippines with rain for days before pummeling the area with fierce winds, setting off landslides and floods and knocking down walls, the cause of the majority of casualties in that country, said Benito Ramos, who heads the Office of Civil Defense.
The Office of Civil Defense in its latest report said five people were injured while two others are still missing as the storm was moving out to sea, causing landslides and flashfloods, cutting power supplies and shutting down schools and offices in several areas.