RELATED ARTICLES : Qatar National Library to open in 2014 | Qatar's Airport City to take flight by 2022 | Qatar stadia design plans enter a 'pivotal time' The Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), co-founded by globally-acclaimed Dutch architect Rem Koolhs, has been announced as the masterplanner for Qatar's proposed Airport City, after winning an international competition.
What does OMA stand for?
OMA stands for Office for Metropolitan Architecture (Netherlands)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OMA
We have 166 other meanings of OMA in our Acronym Attic
- Oceaneering Multi-Purpose Micro Manipulator
- Optical Multimode 3 (ISO/IEC; fiber with 50/125 Micron dimensions and high bandwidth)
- Opticalman Third Class (Naval Rating)
- Optimus Mini-Three
- Object Management Architecture
- Object-based Mapping Automata
- Oceanside Museum of Art (California)
- Ocular Motor Apraxia
- Odd-Mode Analysis
- Off Madison Ave (advertising; Arizona)
- Office of Management and Administration
- Office of Management Assessment
- Office of Members' Advocates (Wikipedian voluntary group; now Association of Members' Advocates, AMA)
- Office of Military Affairs (US CIA)
- Office of Military Application (US DOE)
- Office of Minority Affairs
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Office on Muslim Affairs
- Official Methods of Analysis (US Department of Agriculture)
- Offsite Meeting Authorization (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The pavilion will host its final event on February 28 at 7pm with a talk by Office for Metropolitan Architecture in Rotterdam founding partner and winning architect of the Pritzker Architecture prize Rem Koolhaas, who is considered to be one of the most influential voices in contemporary architecture.
After working at Arch+magazine between 1988 and 1994, he took up a post with the Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA) in Rotterdam before founding his own studio in 1998.
Erik Amir, a senior architect at the firm behind the complex, the Office for Metropolitan Architecture, said the fire had destroyed years of hard work.
Other high-profile tenants in the building include New York City public radio station WNYC, whose offices and studios occupy the North portion of the ground floor for a visible space, the Princeton Review, and Ramus Ella Architects, or REX, which was formerly the New York division of the Office for Metropolitan Architecture, co-partnered by Rem Koolhaas, and whom Sinvin also placed in the building.
Byline: Alec Appelbaum In December, the celebrated Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas and his Rotterdam-based firm, the Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), finally won their first significant commission in New York City.