These regulations are enforced by the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) and establish the IRB as one mechanism through which human subjects are protected.
What does OHRP stand for?
OHRP stands for Office for Human Research Protections (subsidiary of HHS; monitors safeguards of test subjects)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OHRP
We have 1 other meaning of OHRP in our Acronym Attic
- Oud Hollandsche Risico Jongeren (Dutch Youth Club)
- Office of Housing and Residence Life
- Office of High Representative for Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries & Small Island Developing States
- Office of Human Resources Management
- Online Heritage Resource Manager
- Online Hotel Reservation Management System (Dotcom Technologies)
- Ocala Human Resource Management Association
- Office of Human Resource Management and Development (Georgia)
- Office of Human Research Oversight
- Oral History Research Office (Columbia University; New York, NY)
- Office of Human Relations Programs (now Office of Diversity and Inclusion; University of Maryland; College Park, MD)
- Oklahoma Health Research Program (Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology)
- Organizational Human Resource Planning (Dell)
- Ottawa Human Resources Professionals Association (Canada)
- Oral Health-Related Quality of Life
- Open Heart Recovery Room
- Official Hamster Republic Role Playing Game Construction Engine
- Official Hamster Republic Role-Playing Game Creation Engine
- Office for Human Research Studies (Harvard University; Boston, MA)
- Ontario Hospital Reporting System (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In releasing the new guidelines, the agency's Office for Human Research Protections conceded that it would be difficult to determine if a trial is the cause of the unanticipated problems.
Grassley wrote in a March 13 letter to Department of Health & Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt that Office for Human Research Protections officials had expressed "urgent concerns" about the PolyHeme trial to the FDA.
The protocol was approved by our institutional review board, which is registered (IRB00001493) with the Office for Human Research Protections.
The need for reform has also been dramatically reinforced by recent violations of human research protections by Canadian research institutions, (8) and by the fact that corrective oversight action and demands for improved accountability for these violations came, not from the Canadian government, but from the Office for Human Research Protections in the United States.
Bernard Schwetz, DVM, PhD, has been named acting director of the HHS Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP).