If you miss a shot, some coaches want you to try to grab the offensive rebound to set up another chance to score.
What does OFF stand for?
OFF stands for Offensive Rebound (basketball)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OFF
We have 39 other meanings of OFF in our Acronym Attic
- Oregon Forestry Education Program (College of Forestry)
- Organisation for Eelam Refugee Rehabilitation
- Office of Foreign Economic Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (US Navy)
- Office Fédéral de l'Education et de la Science (French: Federal Office for Education and Science; Switzerland)
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences (US Department of Energy; Washington, DC)
- Oil Field Engine Society
- Organic Field-Effect Transistor
- Office for the Environment (Switzerland)
- Off Exchange (Over-The-Counter Market established in 1995, Specialising in Smaller Companies)
- Object File Format (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Sky didn't get its first offensive rebound until the third quarter.
Finally, we discussed why we might have obtained the results we did and offered the following advice to the Hawks' coaches: The fact that defensive rebounds are important is no surprise; however, any athlete knows that obtaining offensive rebounds provides a better (and second) chance for a bucket.
take an offensive rebound and power the ball back up for a score?
The Lakers played as competitive a game as November has to offer, taking a Jazz team with the NBA's best record into the dying minutes of the fourth quarter before coming up short by a missed shot here and an offensive rebound there.
Mbah a Moute added another offensive rebound off an Afflalo miss and scored the easy basket and Roll capped the run with a 10-foot baseline jumper as the Bruins went ahead 43-26 with 4:15 left before intermission.
``You just can't let that offensive rebound happen.
Denver had 16 offensive rebounds Monday - still too high - but the Clippers' seemed to out hustle the Nuggets to every decisive loose ball.