If the defender tries to move laterally the same direction as the play, the offensive lineman will fight that pressure and stay with that defender.
What does OL stand for?
OL stands for Offensive Lineman (football)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OL
We have 35 other meanings of OL in our Acronym Attic
- Onion Kidz (counter-strike team)
- Outkastz (Counter-Strike gaming clan)
- Local Official (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- O'Fallon Library (O'Fallon, IL)
- Oberleitung (German catenary)
- Objective Lens
- Oc'ulus Lae'vus (Left Eye)
- Off Limits
- Off List (subject line of offlist posts to mailing lists)
- Offensive Linebacker (football)
- Offer Letter (human resources)
- Office Lady (English term used in everyday Japanese for working unmarried young lady)
- Office Leader
- Official Language
- Old Latin
- Oldham (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Olympique Lyonnais (French football team)
- Olympiske Leker (Norwegian: Olympic Games)
- Online Learning (also seen as OLL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Joining Randolph on the first team were senior offensive lineman Chris Poole, junior kicker Rob Dornfried, junior defensive lineman Mude Ohimor, senior linebacker Marcus Rodriguez, senior defensive back Michael Wright and junior defensive back Anthony DiMichele.
We only tell our offensive lineman to stay low throughout his base or drive block.
Any offensive lineman who has a defender aligned on the LOS and shading any part of his body is considered a "covered" lineman.