And the West Midlands Offender Learning and Skills Service, launched last year, has been working on a range of projects designed to provide offenders with skills and employment opportunities.
What does OLAS stand for?
OLAS stands for Offender Learning and Skills (Newcastle College; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OLAS
We have 20 other meanings of OLAS in our Acronym Attic
- Online Analytical Processing
- Online Asynchronous Processing
- Ontario Lawyers' Assistance Program (Canada)
- Ontario Legal Aid Program (Government of Ontario)
- Overload Array Processing
- Oregon Liberal Arts Placement Consortium
- Office of Laboratory Animal Resources (various schools)
- On-Line Add/Replacement
- On-Line Addition Replacement
- Online Addition and Removal (computing)
- Office of Latin American Studies (University of California; San Diego, CA)
- On-Line Application Service
- On-Line Appointment System
- Optical Line Amplifiers Shelf (Ciena)
- Organización Latino Americana de Solidaridad (Organization of Latin American Solidarity)
- Open Learning Association of South Africa (RSA)
- Office of Los Alamos Operations
- Offender Learning and Skills Service (UK)
- Organization of Latino Social Workers
- Old Latin (linguistics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
David Cragg, regional director of West Midlands Learning and Skills Council, said: "This 'test bed' project builds on the very exciting work that has been going on in the region since the launch of the Offender Learning and Skills Service last year.
The LSC became responsible for offender learning and skills across England in 2006 but before that, the North-East was one of only three trial regions in the country to pilot the Offender Learning and Skills Service (Olass), which brought together for the first time education and training for offenders in custody and in the community.