In order to participate in this discourse, the people of Mexican descent accepted the Euro-American notion of Mexican identity as a racial classification.
What does OMD stand for?
OMD stands for Of Mexican Descent (hip hop)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of OMD
We have 94 other meanings of OMD in our Acronym Attic
- Optical Main Control Unit (Vierling; Germany)
- Ozark Mountain Computer Users (Missouri)
- Organo-Metallic Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Organic Moderated Critical Experiment
- Object Model Document (modeling and simulation)
- Objectifs du Millénaire pour le Développement (French)
- Objetivos del Milenio Para El Desarrollo (Millenium Development Goals)
- Occupied Multiple Dwelling (firefighting)
- Ocean Movement Development
- Oculomotor Dysfunction (vision deficiency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Antonio Pedroza, an English-born striker of Mexican descent, and Glenn Murray are likely to lead the Palace attack with 21-year-old Kwesi Appiah among the subs.
Statistics bear out that people of Mexican descent living in the United States make up the lion's share of the Hispanic population in the country.
Lawyers for Hernandez and the other plaintiffs say they have documented a systematic pattern of racial discrimination among hundreds, perhaps thousands of people of Mexican descent who applied for passports and were subjected to unreasonable and arbitrary demands for often impossible-to-find documents proving they are citizens of the United States.
Ochoa, who received his MFA from the University of California, Irvine, and is of Mexican descent, has had his work shown at LAXART in Los Angeles, and the 2008 Whitney Biennial in New York.