The brothers, who live in Chandler's Ford, Hants, were born with a condition called oculocutaneous albinism, which affects their pigmentation and has left them with around 10 per cent of normal vision.
What does OCA stand for?
OCA stands for Oculocutaneous Albinism (inherited disorder)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OCA
We have 274 other meanings of OCA in our Acronym Attic
- Outrigger Canoe (six person)
- Oberlin College Archives (Ohio)
- Objectivist Club Association
- Obligation Cost Authority
- Obsessive Compulsive Anonymous
- Obstacle Clearance Altitude
- Ocala (Amtrak station code; Ocala, FL)
- Occupational Competency Assessment (various schools)
- Oceanic Control Area
- oculocutaneous albinism
- Off Course Alarm (navigation equipment)
- Off-Campus Access (various schools)
- Offensive Counter Air
- Office Connect Analytics (IBM)
- Office of Campus Activities (various schools)
- Office of Chief Architect (GSA)
- Office of Community Affairs (law enforcement)
- Office of Compliance Analytics (US IRS)
- Office of Compliance and Assessment (US Navy)
- Office of Congressional Affairs
Samples in periodicals archive:
Eumelanin and phaeomelanin contents in hairs of healthy Japanese patients with oculocutaneous albinism, and 5-S-cysteinyldopa and 5-hydroxy-6-methoxyindole-2-carboxylic acid levels in urine of oculocutaneous albinism.
The most common type of albinism is called oculocutaneous albinism, meaning the hair, skin and eyes are all without pigment.