Amongst those contributing were Professor Peter Wadhams, head of the Polar Ocean Physics Group in the department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University, and Professor Olav Orheim, a glaciologist and former director of Norway's polar institute.
What does OPG stand for?
OPG stands for Ocean Physics Group (various locations)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OPG
We have 71 other meanings of OPG in our Acronym Attic
- Old Perverts from Sweden (gaming clan)
- One Parent Families Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Oracle Parallel Fail Safe (database tool)
- Order Processing and Fulfillment System
- Outpatient Fee Schedule
- Over Protective Father Syndrome
- Oak Park Festival Theatre (Oak Park, IL)
- Oppenheim Pramerica Fonds Trust (German financial venture)
- Other Than Permanent Full Time
- Ohio Partnership for Youth (youth services; Ohio)
- Off-Line Power-Aware Greedy Algorithm (computer energy consumption)
- Office of Projects and Grants (Collumbia University)
- Office of the Paymaster General (UK)
- Office of the Public Guardian (various locations)
- Official Pistol Gang
- Official Police Garage (Los Angeles, CA)
- Official Pricing Guide
- Okinawa Prefectural Government (Japan)
- Old Portuguese
- Oldroyd Publishing Group (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Professor Peter Wadhams, part of the Polar Ocean Physics Group at the university, said the multi-year ice was "shrinking back more rapidly" in a "concrete example of global change in action".