Written by safety and standards organizations in Australia, Ireland, South Africa, Norway, Malaysia, and elsewhere, the standard was designed to replace conflicting local standards and help corporations establish an occupational health and safety management system to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to occupational health and safety risks, according to the OHSAS website (http://www.
What does OHSMS stand for?
OHSMS stands for Occupational Health and Safety Management System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution
- Onondaga High School League (New York)
- Oral Health Specialist Library (Cardiff University; Wales, UK)
- Ohio Health Sciences Library Association
- Ohio High School Lacrosse Association
- Occupational Health and Safety Lead Body (United Kingdom)
- Occupational Health and Safety Management (graduate study program; various locations)
- Office of Health Status Monitoring (Hawaii)
- Office of Health Systems Management (New York)
- Online Hierarchical Storage Management
- Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Orchestre d'Harmonie des Sables d'Olonne
- Oral Health Services for Older Adults
- Occupational Health and Safety Program (various universities)
- Occupational Health Surveillance Program (Massachusetts)
- Office of High School Programs (Chicago, IL)
- Office of Highway Safety Planning (Michigan)
- Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (New Jersey)
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy Committee
- Ohio School Plant Managers Association