Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), asbestos is one of 11 designated substances defined as a biological, chemical, or physical agent, or any combination of these, to which the exposure of a worker is prohibited, regulated, restricted, limited or controlled, according to the WSIB website.
What does OHSA stand for?
OHSA stands for Occupational Health and Safety Act (various countries)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OHSA
We have 3 other meanings of OHSA in our Acronym Attic
- Over Head Squat (weightlifting)
- Overhydrated Hereditary Stomatocytosis
- Oviedo High School
- Ovonic Hydrogen Systems (Energy Conversion Devices; Auburn Hills, MI)
- Owatonna High School (Owatonna, MN)
- Oxnard High School (Oxnard, CA)
- Ozaukee Humane Society (est. 1977; Wisconsin Humane Society)
- Occupational Health Services Material Safety Data Sheets
- Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency (Health Canada)
- Occupational Health and Safety Association (various locations)
- Occupational Health Services Australia
- Oxidized Human Serum Albumin (biochemistry)
- Ohio High School Athletic Association
- Özel Hastaneler ve Saglik Kuruluslari Dernegi (Turkey)
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare (British Columbia, Canada)
- Ohio Head Start Association, Inc. (Dayton, OH)
- Occupational Health & Safety Advisory Services (est. 2001; UK)
- Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series
Samples in periodicals archive:
ISBN 2-89451-898-6 89,00 $ Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act : quick reference.
Davis said that church wardens need to ensure that churches comply with the province of Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The mandatory notice replaces a Job Health and Safety notice issued by the OSHB that included more detailed information about New Mexico's Occupational Health and Safety Act.
At the end of the day it seems as if the charges under Bill C-45 were used as a bargaining tool to encourage the settlement of the charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The board administers two acts: the Workers' Compensation Act, which provides for compensation to injured workers, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act, which sets occupational health and safety standards.
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), the onus is on the company to prove themselves innocent, which is different from the legislation of where one is innocent until proven guilty," Barriman says.
Frequency of construction workplace injuries sign there is a lack of awareness of the Occupational Health and Safety Act Workers on every construction project in Ontario are protected by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).