People at greatest risk of lung cancer are current and former smokers, as well as people whose relatives have already developed lung cancer or chronic obstructive lung diseases, experts say.
What does OLD stand for?
OLD stands for Obstructive Lung Disease (respiratory disease)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OLD
We have 30 other meanings of OLD in our Acronym Attic
- Online Character Recognition
- Online Class Registration (University of Western Australia)
- Optical Low-Coherence Reflectometry
- Original London Cast Recording (album; UK)
- Office Live Communications Server (Microsoft)
- On-Line Certification System (US VA Financial Services Center; Austin, TX)
- Open Loop Control System (electronics)
- Open-Loop Carrier Synchronizer
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- Obsessive Love Disorder (mental health)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cases are grouped in sections on infection, obstructive lung diseases and small airways disease, interstitial lung disease/sarcoid, lung cancer, pulmonary vascular conditions, ventilatory failure, immuno compromised conditions and HIV, and pleural disease.
In utero and early postnatal exposure to environmental agents can influence childhood lung structure and function and may predispose individuals to chronic obstructive lung disease and other disorders later in life; the nutritional and endogenous chemical environment can also affect development of the lung and result in altered function in the adult.
The leukemia that Jean-Juste has battled for years is in remission, but he is now suffering with bronchiectasis, an obstructive lung disease.
Dietary influences on chronic obstructive lung disease and asthma: a review of the epidemiological evidence.
Lower-than-expected sales of Dey's Perforomist, an inhaler for chronic obstructive lung disease, prompted Mylan to begin looking for a buyer in February.
Chronic obstructive lung disease and arteriosclerosis were also identified as ailments where the veteran-public ratio was high.