The TSB is now asking Transport Canada (TC) to require that approach charts used by pilots to depict the optimal path to be flown rather than the line joining the obstacle clearance altitudes which is currently shown and that the stabilised constant descent angle approach technique be used by Canadian operators that conduct non-precision instrument approach procedures.
What does OCA stand for?
OCA stands for Obstacle Clearance Altitude
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OCA
We have 274 other meanings of OCA in our Acronym Attic
- Outrigger Canoe Four Person
- Optical Carrier 48 - 2.48832 Gbps Leased Line
- Oracle Components for Java
- Oracle Containers for J2EE (Oracle Application Server)
- Output Compare 5
- Outrigger Canoe (six person)
- Oberlin College Archives (Ohio)
- Objectivist Club Association
- Obligation Cost Authority
- Obsessive Compulsive Anonymous
- Ocala (Amtrak station code; Ocala, FL)
- Occupational Competency Assessment (various schools)
- Oceanic Control Area
- oculocutaneous albinism
- Oculocutaneous Albinism (inherited disorder)
- Off Course Alarm (navigation equipment)
- Off-Campus Access (various schools)
- Offensive Counter Air
- Office Connect Analytics (IBM)
- Office of Campus Activities (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It can go by many different names: Minimum Envante Altitude or MEA, Miniumun Obstacle Clearance Altitude or MOCA, Off Route Obstacle Clearance Altitude or OROCA, Off Route Terrain Clearance Altitude or ORTCA, Emergency Safe Altitude or ESA, Maximum Elevation Feature or MEF, and, finally, Minimum Vectoring Altitude or MVA.