The study of 61 patients scheduled for elective C-section with spinal anesthesia (SA) measured sedation at 5-minute intervals using a Bispec-tral Index (BIS) monitor, and the Observer's Assessment of Alertness/Sedation Scale (OAA/S), an instrument that rates aspects of a patient's responsiveness, speech, facial expression, and eye appearance on a 1-5 scale, with 5 being most alert.
What does OAA/S stand for?
OAA/S stands for Observer's Assessment of Alertness/Sedation (also seen as OAAS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of OAA/S in our Acronym Attic
- Other Adjustments Account (US Federal Tax Form 1120s)
- Out and About
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Over Actors Anonymous
- Over Air Addressing
- Over the Air Activation Signal
- Owner Agency Agreement (commercial real estate)
- Oxford Aviation Academy (various locations)
- Radar Test Equipment (US Navy)
- Oceania Amateur Athletic Association (Australia)
- Office of African American Affairs
- Olympic Area Agency on Aging (Port Hadlock, WA)
- Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (cardiovascular medicine)
- Osaka Association of All Athletics (Japan)
- Out and About Australia (student program)
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America
- Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Österreichischer Arbeiter und Angestellten Bund
- Ontario Air Ambulance Base Hospital Program (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fentanyl 1 [micro]g/kg IV and propofol approximately 1 mg/kg followed by 5 mg/kg/h were administered to achieve and maintain an observer's Assessment of Alertness/sedation (OAA/s) score of 3 (responsive to mild prodding) (9) and colonoscopy was commenced.