The study, led by Cara Ebbeling and David Ludwig from the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center Boston Children's Hospital, found that adolescents who received deliveries of non-caloric beverages for one year gained an average of 4 fewer pounds than their peers who continued to drink sugar-sweetened beverages.
What does OPC stand for?
OPC stands for Obesity Prevention Center (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OPC
We have 256 other meanings of OPC in our Acronym Attic
- Ocean Plaza Beach Resort (Tybee Island, GA)
- Office of Programs, Budget, Research and Evaluation (Office of National Drug Control Policy)
- Ontario Pocket Bike Racing League
- Odd-Perfect Binary Sequence
- Office of Planning and Budget Services (Georgia)
- Office of Post-Baccalaureate Studies (Manhattan College; Riverdale, NY)
- Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
- Overland Park Baptist Temple (Kansas)
- Organization for the Prohibition of Biological Weapons
- Oakhurst Petanque Club (Oakhurst, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
of the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center, Children's Hospital Boston, and her associates.
The researchers from the University of Minnesota, School of Public Health Obesity Prevention Center measured Television viewing hours, diet, and physical activity levels before and after the intervention and found a clear association between reduction in TV hours and decreased weight gain over one year in teenage kids.