56am on June 6, 1944, but bO at around 5am - minutes after their bombing raid on Pointe Du Hoc west of Omaha Beach - the Lancaster was among three shot down in five minutes by Oberleutnant Helmut Eberspacher.
What does Oblt stand for?
Oblt stands for Oberleutnant (Swiss Army)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Oregon Business Leadership Network
- Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Oblique-Banded Leaf Roller
- Office of Brownfields and Land Revitalization (US EPA)
- Olfactory Bulb Like Structure
- On Board Spares Listing (US Army Watercraft)
- Online Business Licensing Service (Singapore)
- Outer Banks Lighthouse Society
- Owner Builder Loan Services (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Optical Bidirectional Line Switched Ring
Samples in periodicals archive:
JANUARY 5, 1945 Luftwaffe Oberleutnant Hans Hartigs reveals his favourite targets.
Their conversations betray how deep the Nazi state corrupted the military code, and in doing so, the men who considered themselves honourable, men like Oberleutnant Hans Hartigs from the fighter squadron.
In 1902 and 1913, their standings for promotion to Oberleutnant zue Zee and Kapitanleutnant were practically identical.
If U-123's young commander, Oberleutnant Robert Ramm, 27, had not fired the last torpedo many more people would have survived.
After seeing Lock's sister Mrs Joan Statham at her Oswestry home over the New Year period, Sarkar discovered the German fighter ace Oberleutnant Johann Schmid, based at Audembert near Calais, shot down Lock's Spitfire.
JANUARY 5, 1945 Luftwaffe Oberleutnant Hans Hartigs is from a fighter squadron shot down by a Spitfire.
40, under the command of Kapitanleutnant Sommerfeldt, was Oberleutnant zu See Hans Gebauer.