The presence of caffeic acid or chlorogenic acid inhibited DNA methylation predominantly through a non-competitive mechanism, and this inhibition was largely due to the increased formation of S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine (SAH, a potent inhibitor of DNA methylation), resulting from the catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT)-mediated O-methylation of these dietary catechols.
What does OM stand for?
OM stands for O-Methylation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OM
We have 38 other meanings of OM in our Acronym Attic
- Optical Layer X (Cross)-Connect (AT&T)
- Office Live EXtended Technologies
- Oakland Live Y'ers (swim team; Rochester, MI)
- Olney, Illinois (Airport Code)
- Okauchee Lake Yacht Club (Oconomowoc, WI)
- Olympic National Park (US National Park Service)
- Output in Low Z
- (USN Rating) Opticalman
- Minim Fathers (religious order)
- Mongolian Airlines (IATA airline code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the body, 2-methoxyestradiol comes from the hydroxylation of 17B-estradiol followed by O-methylation in the liver.