advertising) and unpaid, these editorials or commentaries typically run opposite the editorial page in newspapers and other print media.
What does OPED stand for?
OPED stands for OPposite the EDitorial page (newspaper opinions/viewpoints)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OPED
We have 2 other meanings of OPED in our Acronym Attic
- OFI Private Equity Capital (France)
- Ohio Prevention and Education Conference (Ohio Resource Network for Safe & Drug Free Schools & Communities)
- Old Protestant Episcopal Church
- Optical Proximity Effect Correction
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
- Orissa Private Engineering College Association (Bhubaneswar, India)
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries News Agency
- Office Parlementaire d'Evaluation des Choix Scientifiques et Technologiques (French: Parliamentary Office for Evaluation of Scientific and Technological Options)
- One-Photon Emission Computed Tomography
- Odense University Pharmacoepidemiological Database (University of Southern Denmark; Odense, Denmark)
- Ouachita Partnership for Economic Development (Ouachita, AR)
- Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program (Columbus, OH)
- Overland Park Economic Development Council (Overland Park, KS)
- Outside Plant Engineering Design System
- Organic Phase Enzyme Electrode
- Office of Program Evaluation, Enforcement and Review (United States Department of Agriculture)
- Outdoor Power Equipment and Engine Service Association
- Oak Park Education Foundation (Illinois)
- Oasis Property Equity Fund (South Africa)
- Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunches
Samples in periodicals archive:
A similar shift seems to have taken place on the op-ed page, that page opposite the editorial page where syndicated political columnists are published.