Martha Drohobyczer, a Certified Nurse-Midwife and a Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist in Psychiatric Nursing has a solo office practice, Alternatives for Women, Inc.
What does NMW stand for?
NMW stands for Nurse-Midwife (women's health)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NMW
We have 26 other meanings of NMW in our Acronym Attic
- National Motor Vehicle Theft Reduction Council (Australia)
- National Migration Week (Catholicism)
- National Minimum Wage (UK)
- Naval Mine Warfare
- Navy Medicine West (San Diego, CA)
- Never-Married Women
- New Magnetic Wonder (Apples in Stereo album)
- New Media Workshop (forum)
- Nightmare Wrestling
- No Matter What
- National Museum of Western Art (Tokyo, Japan)
- National Museum of Wildlife Art (Jackson Hole, WY)
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- New Mexico Wilderness Alliance (Albuquerque, NM)
- New Mexico Windsurfing Association
- New Mexico Writing Assessment Program
- Neues Museum Weserburg Bremen (Bremen, Germany)
- National Movement of Working Children
- New Mexico Watershed Coalition
- New Mexico Workforce Connection (training services)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ministry of Health (MoH) bagged the top spot in the Promoting Gender Responsive Delivery of Public Services category for their project Omani Nurse-Midwife under the Al Shifa Healthcare System.
We've partnered with so many wonderful families over our collective history and experience as midwives," said Heather Bradford, the EvergreenHealth certified nurse-midwife who delivered Riley in mid-February.
A direct-entry midwife shall not represent themself as a nurse-midwife or certified nurse-midwife.
Midwives recruited to health centres had either undergone an 18-month auxiliary nurse-midwife (ANM) certificate course or a three-year general nursing and midwifery (GNM) diploma, both recognised by the state nursing council.
On October 3, 2006, the Board issued an amended order to show cause why the Board should not impose penalties upon Goslin for: (1) engaging in the practice of medicine without a license and holding herself out to the public as being authorized to engage in the practice of medicine and surgery in violation of Pennsylvania's Medical Practice Act of 1985 (Act), and engaging in practice as a nurse-midwife without a license and holding herself out to the public as being authorized to engage in practice as a nurse-midwife in violation of state law.
The term nurse-midwife is used for these practitioners, as it is for those not working in areas related to midwifery practice.
Deanne Williams, a certified nurse-midwife and executive director of the American College of Nurse-Midwives, called the action "a very important step towards eliminating a significant barrier to care that was mistakenly created by the EMTALA regulations.