We received word from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) that the Nurse Faculty Loan Program is accepting applications for the HRSA-13-189 funding opportunity for schools of nursing, with a technical assistance webinar on January 8.
What does NFLP stand for?
NFLP stands for Nurse Faculty Loan Program (US DHHS Health Resources and Services Administration)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NFLP
We have 5 other meanings of NFLP in our Acronym Attic
- National Front for the Liberation
- Nerve Fiber Layer Thickness Overall
- Network of Families and Loved Ones of Criminals
- Nursing Facility Level of Care
- National Flagship Language Program (University of California, Los Angeles; fellowship)
- National Football League Players
- National Football League Properties, Inc.
- Nationwide Financial Literacy Program (Pakistan)
- Network for Latino People (Norge, VA)
- Norfolk Family Learning Programme (UK)
- Nutrition and Fitness for Life Program
- National Football League Players Association
- National Federation of Licensed Practical Nurses
- National Firearms Licensing and Registration (Australia)
- New Frontiers for Learning in Retirement (Tempe, AZ)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Region (Canada)
- Newton's Flaming Laser Sword (Mike Adler philosophical razor)
- National Football League Referees Association
- National Foreign Language Resource Center (University of Hawaii)
- National Forest Land and Resource Management Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Here are some other ways the ACA will affect nurses, nursing education and employment: * Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) - Increases funding for schools to offer loans to nurses who want to become nurse educators.
Here are a few key provisions related to nursing workforce: * Mandatory funding stream for Title VIII programs-$338 million nursing education and retention * Increase funding for Primary Care Workforce development-NP's /PA's * $50 million in grants for the cost of operations Nurse--Managed Health Centers * Increase money for nursing student loan program * Nurse Faculty Loan Program * Public health workforce loan repayment program What are the possible affect to nursing if the PPACA bill was de-funded?
MSU has applied for and received Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) funding for several years.
The measure also includes federal support for workforce development programs, new federal grant money for those seeking to become a nurse, increases to the federal nurse faculty loan program and more.
But she is very pleased that Regis has been provided some financial assistance, through the HRSA Nurse Faculty Loan Program, for preparing graduates of the doctor of nursing practice program to serve as nurse faculty.
This work includes: * Collaborating with other nursing groups to mobilize support for more federal funding for nursing education, including support for the Nurse Faculty Loan Program and the creation of new legislation such as the Nurse Faculty Education Act and the Nurse Education, Expansion and Development Act introduced in the 109th Congress.