Thomas Traumann said the the president has decided to donate the money to human rights organization Tortuna Nunca Mais, with the English name "Torture Never Again.
What does NM stand for?
NM stands for Nunca Mais (Galician: Not Again, political group)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NM
We have 45 other meanings of NM in our Acronym Attic
- Not Measured
- Not Much
- Nothing Much
- Notorious Monster (Final Fantasy XI gaming)
- Noyce and Moore (NM Electronics; pre-Intel Company named for founders Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore)
- Nuclear Materials
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nudist Meeting
- Nuestro Mundo (Spanish: Our World; various locations)
- Numerical Method(s)
- New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Information Leadership Initiatives (also seen as NMCHILI; est. 2000)
- New Mexico Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement
- Nonmuscle Isoforms of Both Myosin Heavy Chain
- Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Publications (US Navy)
- Network Management & Support
- National Moving and Storage Association
- Network Management-Application Service Element
- Network Management Control (US DoD)
- Cisco Intrusion Detection System Network Module (software)
- High Density Voice Network Module
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are looking more at a half-truth commission than a truth commission; I don't know why we want an agency like this," said professor Cecilia Coimbra, director of the humanitarian group Tortura Nunca Mais.
Inicia-se entao um segundo relato: o narrador conta ao bailarino (e a seus leitores) um episodio em que, diante de seus olhos, um jovem perdeu a inocencia (em alemao, Unschuld, nao-culpa, estado aquem do direcionamento da crueldade sobre si mesmo, inerente a toda culpabilidade), nunca mais conseguindo recuperar o paraiso, apesar de todos os esforcos.
Caetaninho nao foi esquecido; mas nunca mais se encontraram os olhos dos dois namorados.
Standout tracks include "O nosso amor" and "Brigas nunca mais," with music by Jobim, guitarist Baden Powell's "Canto de Ossanha" and "Consolacao," and De Moraes's seldom-heard "Tomara.
Ai, Mouraria' is satirized as a guitarist who falls into a ditch at the site of the Martim Moniz metro, exclaiming: 'Ai [Mouraria, que nunca mais te tapam os buracos
The Interior Ministry estimated attendance at about 100,000 while organisers - a coalition of ecological, labour and social groups called Nunca Mais, or Never Again - told the national news agency Efe it was over a million.
The Brazilian human rights group Tortura Nunca Mais (Torture Never Again) said too little had been declassified and too late.