Among other things, Laskar has developed precise mathematical models of the solar system and by using numerical methods in powerful computers, he has made calculations to find out how the solar system has evolved over millions of years.
What does NM stand for?
NM stands for Numerical Method(s)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NM
We have 45 other meanings of NM in our Acronym Attic
- Not Meaningful
- Not Measured
- Not Much
- Nothing Much
- Notorious Monster (Final Fantasy XI gaming)
- Noyce and Moore (NM Electronics; pre-Intel Company named for founders Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore)
- Nuclear Materials
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nudist Meeting
- Nuestro Mundo (Spanish: Our World; various locations)
- Nunca Mais (Galician: Not Again, political group)
- New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Information Leadership Initiatives (also seen as NMCHILI; est. 2000)
- New Mexico Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement
- Nonmuscle Isoforms of Both Myosin Heavy Chain
- Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Publications (US Navy)
- Network Management & Support
- National Moving and Storage Association
- Network Management-Application Service Element
- Network Management Control (US DoD)
- Cisco Intrusion Detection System Network Module (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After preliminaries they cover numerical methods for solving ordinary and partial fractional differential equations, efficient numerical methods, generalized Stirling numbers and applications, fractional variational principles, continuous-time random walks (CTRW) and fractional diffusion models, and applications of CTRW to finance and economics.
3 Presentation of Results To assess the proposed numerical method a spectra of tests are performed.
The numerical method most accurately represents the flow system.
According to the presenters, the Nonlinear Finite Element Method is an effective numerical method to solve problems that can arise through materials' nonlinearity, geometrical nonlinearity and contact nonlinearity.
Details of the numerical methods may be found in the Fire Dynamics Simulator Technical Reference Guide (NISTIR 6783).
Phase one of the project, discussed in an ANTEC paper by Los Alamos researcher David Guell, tells sophisticated users how to evaluate common sources of error in current mold-filling software - errors from the underlying model, from materials property values, and from numerical methods of finite-element calculations.