To help answer these questions, the AFR Strategic Planning Council, comprised of our numbered air force commanders and senior leadership of the Air Staff and Air Force Reserve Command, helped develop a "strategic compass" or what we call our AFR Guiding Principles.
What does NAF stand for?
NAF stands for Numbered Air Force
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NAF
We have 152 other meanings of NAF in our Acronym Attic
- Nonprofits Assistance Fund (Minneapolis, MN)
- Nordic Working Group on Fisheries Research
- Norges Apotekerforening (Norwegian Association of Pharmacists)
- Norges Automobil Forbund
- Normalized Age Factor
- North American Forum (various organizations)
- North Atlantic Format (electronic data transmission; fisheries)
- Northern Africa Region
- Northern Attack Force (US Navy)
- Nuffle Amorical Football (gaming)
- sodium fluoride
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- Natal Association of Flower Arrangers (South Africa)
- National Aboriginal Forestry Association (Canada)
- National Academy of Fine Arts
- National Aerial Firefighting Academy
- National Aerobic Fitness Award (Singapore)
- National Agency for Fiscal Administration (Romania)
- National Agency for Fisheries and Aquaculture (Bulgaria)
- National Agency of Fisheries and Aquaculture (Romania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The command has one numbered air force, 18th Air Force, which is charged with tasking and executing all air mobility missions.
After that, defending the service's networks, which are located at the other numbered Air Forces, will be its responsibility.
Leadership also decided to establish a Numbered Air Force for cyber operations within Air Force Space Command and discussed how the Air Force will continue to develop capabilities in this new domain and train personnel to execute this new mission.
It was the Air Force's largest numbered air force, consisting of the majority of SAC's B-52 bombers and KC-135 tankers.
Likewise, Flight Leadership Focus Days identified unit safety concerns and communicated them through the Numbered Air Forces to HQ ACC, where corrective actions and mishap prevention initiatives could be shared throughout the flying community.
ALOG ELEMENT SUBORDINATE ELEMENTS 9 major commands Air Force 35 field operating agencies 4 direct reporting units Major command 3 or more numbered air forces Numbered air force 2 or more wings Wing 3 or more groups Group 2 or more squadrons Squadron 2 or more flights VEHICLE FUEL TANK OR CAPACITY AIRCRAFT (In Gallons) HMMWV 25 M2A2 Bradley 175 M1A1 Abrams 505 UH-60 Black Hawk 362 CH-47A Chinook 621 A-10 Warthog 1,644 C-130 Hercules 6,662 C-17 Globemaster III 27,042 KC-135 Stratotanker 31,200 B-52 Stratofortress 46,630 KC-10 Extender 52,000 C-5 Galaxy 53,083 LIEUTENANT COLONEL JAMES C.