Developed many years ago, the Fog Index is said to calculate the number of years of education necessary to easily read a section of copy.
What does N stand for?
N stands for Number of Years
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of N
- Not Classified But Sensitive
- Not for Release to Foreign Nationals
- Notch (type of filter)
- Nucleoprotein (virus protein)
- Occupation Regular Issues (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Principal Quantum Number (used in formulae in quantum physics)
- Sensitive Unclassified (information)
- Set of Natural Numbers (math)
- Southwest Ontario (postal code designation, Canada)
- True Neutral (gaming)
- Unable to Locate Complainant (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- US DoT tire speed rating (87 mph)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Considering the average age of foreign-born clients, their age at immigration and the number of years they had lived in the United States, most of these attendees had likely contracted the virus after immigration.
THE killer of a teenager beaten to death for sticking up for his dad failed to win a cut in the number of years he must spend behind bars.
Survival ratios--the number of years that carried reserves will be available if the payment level continues--are primarily used to make a comparison of relative reserve levels for asbestos and environmental liabilities between insurance companies or to compare a company or group of companies' reserves to the industry average.
Table III shows simple preliminary regressions that use a simple time trend for the number of years after a consent decree has been imposed and a similar time trend for the years before the decree to pick up changes in before and after trends in crime rates.