the Bha yesterday dismissed as a blip the issuing of 38 days of whip bans by stewards last week, and revealed the number of suspensions for whip offences had dropped by 30 per cent since the rules were revised just less than a year ago, writes Jon Lees.
What does NS stand for?
NS stands for Number of Suspensions
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NS
We have 71 other meanings of NS in our Acronym Attic
- Nova Scotia
- Novi Sad (Vojvodina Province, Yugoslavia)
- Nuclear Safety
- Nuclear Ship
- Nuclear Shuttle
- Nuclear Submarine
- Nuclear Survivability (US DoD)
- Null Space (mathematics)
- Nullsoft (developers of Winamp)
- Number of Stations
- Nurullah Sonmez (Turkey)
- Nut Shot
- North Shore Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (Salem, Massachusetts)
- Nodular Sclerosis Type I
- Network Surveillance & Control (Telcordia)
- National Savings and Investments
- Navy Support & Mobilization Plan
- Naval Science and Tactics (US Navy)
- Nervous System Antigen-1 (biochemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Marshall made the comment Wednesday when he was asked about a growing number of suspensions tied to amphetamines, including the ADHD drug Adderall.
As he grew up James "went off the rails" at school which resulted in a number of suspensions.
The number of suspensions are the largest since 2005 when there were 99.
BAKKIES BOTHA, 30 MATFIELD'S lock partner and minder has been around for ages but his willingness to dish out rough treatment to opponents has seemingly caught up with him with a number of suspensions having come his way.
He said the number of suspensions was much greater--but he wouldn't give a concrete number.