On the other hand, A finite number of eigenvalues in one spectrum is unknown, q(x) is not uniquely determined by one full spectrum and one partial spectrum.
What does NEig stand for?
NEig stands for Number of Eigenvalues
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Network Element Identification (Nortel)
- Network of Educational Innovation for Development in Africa (UNESCO)
- National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (Boston, MA)
- National Environmental Information Exchange Network (California Environmental Protection Agency; Sacramento, CA)
- National Elevator Industry Educational Program
- National Electrical Industry Fund
- National Electronic Initiative Framework
- National Export Insurance Fund (India)
- North East Investment Fund (UK)
- Northeast Interfraternity Conference
- New England Intercollegiate Golf Association, Inc.
- Navy Enterprise Information Technology Governance Board (US Navy)
- NEI (Northeast Interiors) General Contracting (Braintree, MA)
- New England Intercollegiate Geological Conference
- NEtlander Ionosphere and Geodesy Experiment (Netlander Mission to Mars)
- North East India General Mission
- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences
- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (India)
- New England Institute of Hypnotherapy
- National Elevator Industry, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Iterative projection methods have proven to be very efficient if a small number of eigenvalues and eigenvectors are desired.
In ARPACK, the computational work is proportional to n (the size of the matrix is n by n, n = 10 N or 20 N) times ncv (which defines the size of the space to use in finding eigenvectors; we choose ncv to be 4 times the number of eigenvalues sought).
Then for any 0 < [epsilon] < [pi], the number of eigenvalues of [H.
Neither the one-sided standard nor the two-sided standard extraction is able to compute the required number of eigenvalues in the prescribed number of outer iterations (therefore, we omit the number of iterations and the cpu time for these methods).
The number of eigenvalues (and eigenvectors) one can compute, from one tridiagonal matrix, is much larger than the number of vectors that one must store in memory.