Expectations, perceptions, and management of labor in nulliparas prior to hospitalization.
What does N stand for?
N stands for Nullipara
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of N
- Not Classified But Sensitive
- Not for Release to Foreign Nationals
- Notch (type of filter)
- Nucleoprotein (virus protein)
- Number of Years
- Occupation Regular Issues (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Principal Quantum Number (used in formulae in quantum physics)
- Sensitive Unclassified (information)
- Set of Natural Numbers (math)
- Southwest Ontario (postal code designation, Canada)
- True Neutral (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The objective of the current study was to examine data from the Consortium on Safe Labor to determine whether birth weight alters the labor pattern in nulliparas and multiparas.
bWilcoxon rank-sum test with nullipara as reference group.
There are only 15 percent of women from suburban and rural areas that are still childless 10 years after their sexual debut, while the proportion of nullipara women in the urban areas is above 30 percent.
Kirby (2004) noted that nulliparas are 10% more likely to be induced with a 40-week pregnancy and are 37% more likely to be induced with a prolonged pregnancy than multiparas of the same gestational status.
He described the case of a 26-year-old nullipara diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis at age 23.
Epidural analgesia and third- or fourth-degree lacerations in nulliparas.