If we wish to test the null hypothesis that r is 0, we can use a t test of the ratio of r and its standard error.
What does H0 stand for?
H0 stands for Null Hypothesis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of H0
- Husband and Wife
- Moderator to Fissile Material Ratio
- Hamstrings and Quadriceps (isokinetic strength ratio)
- Health = Nutrition/Calories
- Hrvatski Športski Plesni Savez (Croatian Dance Sport Association)
- Hrvatski Športsko-Ribolovni Savez (Croatian Sports Fishing Association)
- Hrvatski Šahovski Savez (Croatian Chess Federation)
- Hrvatski Športski Savez Invalida (Croatian Sports Federation of Disabled Persons)
- Hrvatske Željeznice (Croatian Railways)
- Half Zero (common model railway gauge)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If a scientist thinks that an apple dropped from the roof of a building will fall to the ground, their null hypothesis could be: an apple dropped from the roof of a building will not fall to the ground.
2]/E Where O = Observed Frequency E = Expected Frequency R = Number of rows C = Number of columns MCNEMER Test In order to test whether there was any significant difference in self worth among the sample members before and after joining the SHGs, the following null hypothesis was framed.
Their test can detect local alternatives which converge to the null hypothesis at the rate of order [n.
The forecast fails to be unbiased if we reject (i) the null hypotheses that [alpha] = 0 and [beta] = 1 individually and/or jointly, and (ii) the null hypothesis that [alpha]' = 0.
a) If the test statistic is in the region of rejection (RR), reject the null hypothesis and state the conclusion in one or more complete sentences.