Persons who had worked in a receiving laboratory from September 1, 2004, to April 15, 2005, and had performed routine procedures in virology (defined as transport of samples, preparation of samples for diagnostic testing, antigen testing, nucleic acid amplification testing, and virus isolation) were eligible for the study.
What does NAT stand for?
NAT stands for Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAT
We have 153 other meanings of NAT in our Acronym Attic
- North Atlantic Track
- Northern Airborne Technology (Kelowna, BC Canada)
- Nose-Avoidance Tilting
- Not A Trooper (medical slang)
- Not Air Transportable
- Not Air Transportation
- Not Another Translator (Braille transcription software)
- Novel Acting Thrombolytic (clot dissolver)
- Nuclear Assembly Test
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology
- Nucleic Acid Technology
- Nucleic Acid Testing (blood test)
- Number of Atoms
- Nuorten Ääni -toimitus (Finnish: Young Voice Delivery)
- National Association of Towns and Townships
- Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation
- Network Address Translation / Firewall
- N-Acetyl Transferase 1
- N-Acetyl Transferase 2
- Narcotic Addict Treatment Act of 1974
Samples in periodicals archive:
Adding nucleic acid amplification testing to standard HIV antibody testing improves detection of acute HIV infection, according to Christopher D.
Efforts of Canadian Blood Services (CBS) to screen donor blood for hepatitis C are now bolstered by nucleic acid amplification testing (NAT), which identifies viral genetic material in blood before antibodies are produced, according to Canada NewsWire.