Funded by the Ellison Medical Foundation and the Glenn Foundation for Medical Research, Hetzer's research group is the only lab in the world that is investigating the role of these transport channels, called the nuclear pore complex (NPC), in the aging process.
What does NPC stand for?
NPC stands for Nuclear Pore Complex
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPC
We have 403 other meanings of NPC in our Acronym Attic
- Normalized Projection Coordinate (computer science)
- North Pacific Cable
- North Point College (India)
- North Pole Central (comic)
- North Power Controller
- North Presbyterian Church (La Crosse, WI)
- Northern People's Congress
- Notional Principal Contract
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (East Hanover, NJ)
- Novel Power Control Scheme
- Number Portability Clearinghouse (telecommunications)
- Numerical Precision Control
- Nunavut Planning Commission (Canada)
- Nurse Practitioner, Certified
- Nutra Pharma Corporation (Coral Springs, FL)
- Nutrition Panel Calculator (food standards; Australia and New Zealand)
- Southwest Center for Natural Products Research and Commercialization
- Novel Power Control with Perfect Estimation
- National Paint & Coatings Association
- National Parks Conservation Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among specific topics are mechanisms of membrane curvature sensing, the assembly of bacterial inner membrane proteins, applying mass spectrometry to lipids and membranes, the biochemistry of mobile zinc and nitric oxide revealed by fluorescent sensors, DNA replicases from a bacterial perspectives, the structure of the nuclear pore complex, glycan microarrays for decoding the glycome, and mitochondrial tRNA import and its consequences for mitochondrial translation.
Beatty (1969); A large particle associated with the perimeter of the nuclear pore complex, P.
Presumably, they go through the nuclear pore complex, because how else could they get out?
To access the DNA, the HIV must pass through the Nuclear Pore Complex, a gateway into the nucleus.