I thought independence would be particularly appropriate years ago when Kirklees declared itself a nuclear free zone.
What does NFZ stand for?
NFZ stands for Nuclear Free Zone
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NFZ
We have 6 other meanings of NFZ in our Acronym Attic
- National Foursquare Youth Ministry (Los Angeles, CA)
- National Federation of Youth Organisations in Bangladesh (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- North Florida Youth Soccer League
- Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia (Polish: National Health Fund)
- Nebenfahrzeug (German)
- Nemzeti Filharmonikus Zenekar (Hungarian: National Philharmonic Orchestra)
- No Fee Zone
- No Fighting Zone (gaming)
- No Fun Zone
- No-Fly Zone
Samples in periodicals archive:
Even US State Secretary John Kerry declared recently that 'wider opportunity cannot be opened forever' and urged nations to consider the nuclear free zone.
However, how declaring a Nuclear Free Zone in Middlesbrough, Darlington or anywhere helped this situation was then and is even now unclear.
Egypt has submitted a draft resolution to the UN General Assembly that calls for making the Middle East a nuclear free zone, based on a full commitment by countries in the region, including Israel, to the rulings of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
All countries of the (Middle East) region need to take an active stance on this issue and demonstrate their willingness to ensure a real progress in establishing a nuclear free zone," he said.
Egypt has sent a high-level protest to dozens of European countries expressing "astonishment and regret" at their refusal to endorse Cairo's call for a Middle East nuclear free zone at a conference last month.