COUNCILLOR RAY DAVIES Co Chair of Nuclear Free Local Authorities Wales Forum
What does NFLA stand for?
NFLA stands for Nuclear Free Local Authorities
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NFLA
We have 5 other meanings of NFLA in our Acronym Attic
- Norwegian Defence Industry Group
- Not For Long
- Not Freakin' Likely
- Npower Football League (UK)
- Nyungwe Forest Lodge (Rwanda)
- National Football League Europe
- National Fitness Leadership Alliance (Canada)
- National Football League Alumni
- Nederlandse Federatie voor Luchtvaart Archeologie (Dutch Federation for Aviation Archaeology)
- North Florida Library Association (Florida)
- National Fitness Leaders Advisory Council
- No Fool Like An Old Fool
- National Fall Leadership Conference (Future Business Leaders of America)
- National Financial Literacy Challenge
- National Football League Committee (Uganda)
- National Foreign Language Center
- New Faculty Learning Community (various locations)
- Northern Forest Land Council
- National Football League Coaches Association
- National Fishing Lure Collectors Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Councillor Stephen Churchman, Chair of Nuclear Free Local Authorities, Welsh Forum c/o NFLA Secretariat, Manchester
Submissions by Nuclear Free Local Authorities (NFLA), CND Cymru, Friends of the Earth Cymru and the Stop Hinkley Campaign have raised concerns about planned radioactive marine discharges and aerial emissions from the proposed plant.
Urquhart told a Nuclear Free Local Authorities conference in London there was clearly some "malign influence" causing these "excess" deaths.
The Labour councillor, who represents Arbury ward, is to represent the council at the conference of Nuclear Free Local Authorities in Rotherham in October.
Councillor Mr Martin Hemingway, Leeds City councillor and Chairman of UK Nuclear Free Local Authorities, said: "We are looking at the possibility of a legal challenge to the Health and Safety Executive.
All major political parties in Ireland are also opposed to new nuclear build at Wylfa and Sellafield and that's why we remain highly active members of the UK and Ireland Nuclear Free Local Authorities.
OVER the last week the Nuclear Free Local Authorities Welsh Forum have been working hard to show the public and politicians in North Wales that there is an alternative to new nuclear build at Wylfa in Anglesey and that Wales can pursue a future non-nuclear energy policy.