Editor's Note: Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation via inhibition of nuclear factor kappa beta (NF-kB), as well as by inhibition of proinflammatory omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids by displacement of omega-6 stores in cell membranes.
What does NF-kB stand for?
NF-kB stands for Nuclear Factor Kappa Beta
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Nursing Facility
- Nut Free (food)
- Nutrition Facts
- Nuclear Fuels and Materials Department
- Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- Neurofibromatosis Type 2
- Non-Food Agro-Industrial Research Information Dissemination (European Commission)
- Nuclear Factor Erythroid 1
- Near Field to Far Field Transformation
- High Molecular Weight NeuroFilament Protein
- Middle Molecular Weight Neurofilament Protein
- Nippon Foundation-Partnership for Observation of the Global Oceans
- Nuclear Factor-Y
- North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System (various locations; US VA)
- Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (aka Von Recklinghausen or Classic Peripheral Neurofibromatosis)
- Nuclear Factor 1
- Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (aka Bilateral Acoustic Neurofibromatosis, aka Central Neurofibromatosis)
- Non-Functional Normal Form (relational databases)
- Nitrogen Trifluoride
- Neurofibromatosis, Familial Intestinal
Samples in periodicals archive:
These uses include the physiological release of nitric oxide from the inner lining of blood vessels at a level that acts as an antioxidant as well as a suppressant of nuclear factor kappa beta, a protein which directs the inflammatory process underlying the pathology of most chronic diseases.
Finally, inhibition of nuclear factor kappa beta activity in this asthmatic model with the AT-101 may have broader implications with respect to beneficial effects in other chronic inflammatory diseases.