Amman, Jan 29 (Petra) -- Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour was briefed on Tuesday on the progress of work on the Kingdom's nuclear energy programme during a visit to the Jordan Nuclear Energy Commission JNEC.
What does NEC stand for?
NEC stands for Nuclear Energy Commission
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEC
We have 367 other meanings of NEC in our Acronym Attic
- Northeast Center for Agricultural and Occupational Health
- Northeast Conference
- Northeast Corner (location in an intersection)
- Northeast Corridor
- Northern European Command
- Northshore Education Consortium (Beverly, MA)
- Not Elsewhere Classified
- Not Even Close (band)
- Not Even Considered
- Nu Energy Collective
- Nuclear Energy Consultants, Inc (Rockville, MD)
- Nueces Electric Cooperative (Robstown, TX)
- Null Energy Condition (physics)
- Numerical Electromagnetic Code
- Nursing Education Center (various locations)
- Nursing Education Consortium (various locations)
- NUS (National University of Singapore) Entrepreneurship Centre
- Numerical Electromagnetics Code - Basic Scattering Code
- Numerical Electromagnetics Code Version 2
- Networked Embedded Control for Cyber-Physical Systems (report)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kuwait has signed an international cooperation agreement with Japan and established a national nuclear energy commission in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency.
The military leadership of Russia described the Lithuanian energy independence goal as a direct military threat to Russia," Rokas Zilinskas, head of the parliamentary Nuclear Energy Commission and MP of the parliamentary faction of the ruling Homeland Union - Lithuanian Christian Democrats (HU-LCD), said, adding that the nuclear plant is vital for Lithuanian energy independence.
Economy Minister Fatmir Besimi announced formation of a nuclear energy commission to prepare the possible building of a nuke in Macedonia.
JNRC was established in 2007 as a successor to the formerAaJordan Nuclear Energy Commission which was established in 2001.
Shortly after the French president's visit, Kuwait announced it was setting up a national nuclear energy commission with help from the IAEA to explore the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
Saudi Arabia and Bahrain have signed memoranda of understanding on nuclear co-operation with the US, and Kuwait has set up a national nuclear energy commission, in co-operation with the IAEA.