Some of that expertise is still maintained, particularly in the conjunction with the Nuclear Emergency Search Teams, whose task is to respond to nuclear terrorist incidents.
What does NEST stand for?
NEST stands for Nuclear Emergency Search Team
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEST
We have 75 other meanings of NEST in our Acronym Attic
- Network Simulation Testbed
- Network Systems and Technologies, Inc.
- New and Emerging Science and Technology (EU)
- New England Spiritual Team (paranomal group)
- Nigerian Environmental Study/Action Team
- NISN Event Scheduling Terminal (US NASA)
- Non-biological Extraterrestrial Species Treaty (Transformers)
- North East Seattle Together (Seattle, WA)
- Novell Embedded System Technology
- Nuclear Effects Support Team
- NASA (National Air and Space Administration) Engineering Shuttle Telemetry Agent (US NASA)
- National Earth Science Teachers Association (est. 1983)
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (UK)
- National Endurance and Strength Training Association
- National Endurance Sports Trainers Association
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (est. 1992)
- NMD Embedded System Test and Exercise Capability
- North East Silicon TEChnologies, Inc.
- Naval Electronic Systems Test and Evaluation Facility
- National Employee Savings and Trust Equity Guarantee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Department of Homeland Security also would absorb selected functions of other cabinet agencies, including the Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, the Department of Energy's Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and nuclear Emergency Search Team, and the Department of Health and Human Service's National Pharmaceutical Stockpile.