The SFC is not technically under the IAF, it is responsible to the Nuclear Command Authority, headed by the Prime Minister.
What does NCA stand for?
NCA stands for Nuclear Command Authority (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NCA
We have 433 other meanings of NCA in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Consultancy Association
- Northwest Capital Appreciation, Inc
- Northwest College of Art (Washington)
- Norwegian Church Aid
- Norwegian Competition Authority
- Norwegian Concrete Association
- Not Camp Appropriate
- Not Currently Available
- Notice of Cash Allocation
- Nuclear and Chemical Agency
- Number of Calls Abandoned (telephony)
- Nurse Consultant Associates
- Nursing Care Assistant (UK)
- Nursing Council on Alcohol (est. 2000)
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
- NCA Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- National Confectioners Association and the Chocolate Manufacturers Association
- National Command Authority / Commander in Chief
- nervus corporis allati II
- National Civil Aviation Authority
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aa A Nuclear Command Authority, chaired by Musharraf, was established in February 2000.
The defense spokesman said that while the three strategic force commands remain affiliated with the respective services -- army, air force and navy -- they take orders from the Nuclear Command Authority headed by President Gen.
The SFC reports to the Nuclear Command Authority whose political council, chaired by the Prime Minister, alone can authorise a nuclear weapons strike.
Zulfikar was head of the army's Combat Division, which was responsible for development of Pakistan's nuclear and missile program until early 2000 when this task was assigned to the Strategic Planning Division and Nuclear Command Authority.
Their only task would be to deliver the weapons to the designated target if, and when, ordered to do so by the Political Council of the Nuclear Command Authority, which is essentially the Cabinet Committee on Security.
The Nuclear Command Authority (NCA), Pakistan's highest decision-taking body on nuclear matters, will convene later Wednesday to consider Khan's clemency request, a spokesman for the Defense Ministry said.