The notice of reassessment had been overlooked (or its full implications underappreciated) during a period of transition between treasurers.
What does NORA stand for?
NORA stands for Notice of Reassessment (taxes)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NORA
We have 35 other meanings of NORA in our Acronym Attic
- National Oilheat Research Alliance
- National Online Recruitment Awards (UK)
- National Organic Registry Australia
- Netzwerk Ostwestfalen-Lippe für Regionale Agenda eV (Germany)
- Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, International, Inc.
- No Obligations, Rules, or Authority (Final Fantasy XIII video game)
- Non-Obvious Relationship Awareness
- Non-Organic Radar Access (US Air Force)
- Nothing on Record Against (Law And Order TV show)
- Notice of Realty Action
- Normalized Residual Activity at 20 Minutes
- Nationaal Overleg Regionale Audiovisuele Archieven (Dutch: National Audiovisual Archives Regional Discussion; Netherlands)
- New Orleans Regional Alliance against Abuse (New Orleans, LA)
- No Radio Contact (Air Traffic Control)
- Northeast Operating Rules Advisory Committee (railroad)
- Northumberland Aquatic Club (Canada)
- New Outer Ring Allied Democracy (gaming)
- North American Aerospace Defense Command (formerly North American Air Defense Command)
- Norwegian Agency for Development Co-Operation
- NORAD Orientation Cruise
Samples in periodicals archive:
We were informed that five commentators had been put on notice of reassessment regarding their performance.
In one particular situation (See Document 2010-037453117, Taxpayer Requested Adjustment to Change a Loss Carryback (July 30, 2010)), the taxpayer received a Notice of Reassessment for a current year that increased its surtax credits.
Appeals * Eliminate the requirement to refile Notices of Objection every time a Notice of Reassessment is issued for a taxation year.