disclosed that it expects to receive a Notice of Proposed Adjustment, pursuant to which the IRS would seek to disallow losses that generated tax refunds previously received by the Company, as well as require the Company to include in its tax returns any taxable income from the sale of the trust certificate.
What does NOPA stand for?
NOPA stands for Notice of Proposed Adjustment
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NOPA
We have 15 other meanings of NOPA in our Acronym Attic
- Number of Polymorphic Models
- Purchases by Bureau of Naval Personnel (US Navy)
- National Office Products Alliance
- National Office Products Association
- National Oilseed Processors Association
- New Orleans Photo Alliance (New Orleans, LA)
- Nitrogen by O-Phthaldialdehyde (assay)
- Non-Offending Parent Advocacy (Fresno, CA)
- North of the Panhandle (San Francisco, CA)
- Notice of Project for Employment involving Asbestos
- National Organization of Professional Athletes and Celebrities (Winter Garden, FL)
- North Pacific
- Net Operating Profit After Depreciation
- No Pass to Air Defense Radar
- National Office of Post Abortion Reconciliation and Healing
- Net Operating Profit After Tax
- New Orleans Public Belt Railroad
- No Pb (lead-free)
- Normally Open Push Button (electronics)
- National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
Samples in periodicals archive:
1, 2012, examiners are told to withdraw all Forms 5701, Notice of Proposed Adjustment, that relate to the development of these issues, as well as relevant portions of Forms 4564, Information Document Request, and to take other remedial actions.
On December 15, 2009, X receives Form 5701, Notice of Proposed Adjustment, for certain changes to its federal taxable income for the years under examination.
Another part of the IRS's vision for these initiatives is to improve the quality of, and response time regarding, Form 5701, Notice of Proposed Adjustment (NOPA).
We are excited about the launch of our 'all new' AuditRoom, which incorporates real (and practical) end user processes for Information Document Requests (IDRs), Notice of Proposed Adjustments (NPAs), Revenue Agent Reports (RARs), Protest and Appeals (P&A), waivers and much, much more
In general, taxpayers should consider making this designation, because cash bonds do not accrue interest and, in most cases, the IRS has already identified the disputable tax in a 30-day letter or in Form 5701, Notice of Proposed Adjustment.
All audit issues will require completion of Form 5701, Notice of Proposed Adjustments.
Marriott International announced today that it has been informed by PacifiCorp Financial Services that Internal Revenue Service (IRS) field auditors have issued a notice of proposed adjustment challenging the placed-in-service date of three of the four synthetic fuel facilities owned by Marriott's synthetic fuel joint ventures.