It was created with 25% voting No and 25% plus a few hundred voting Yes and more than 49% not voting.
What does NV stand for?
NV stands for Not Voting (US Congress; list of members silent on a roll call)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NV
We have 15 other meanings of NV in our Acronym Attic
- Nobilis Vir (Latin: Noble Man, epigraphy)
- Noble Vitae (comic)
- Noise and Vibration (vehicle performance)
- Nominal Voltage
- Non Vital
- Non-Vintage (champagne)
- Nonvernalized (biology)
- Northview Elementary (Olathe, Ks)
- Norwalk Virus
- NVIDIA (graphics card maker)
- Nevada Prosecution Advisory Council
- Night Vision and Electro-Optics Laboratory
- Night Vision/Reconnaissance Surveillance and Target Acquisition (US DoD)
- National Veterinary Associates (Agoura Hills, CA)
- National Viatical Association
- National Volleyball Association
- National Vulvodynia Association
- Nationale Volksarmee (East German Military)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Assurantieadviseurs en financiële dienstverleners (Dutch)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Not voting at elections or being politically non-affiliated is a European trend and perhaps therefore Macedonian citizens that are exhausted by the daily politics, say that their favorite politicians are dead or retired a long time ago, such as Josip Broz Tito, Kiro Gligorov and Boris Trajkovski.
It requires effort and responsibility, but not voting is a bigger responsibility.
Last year the vote was 179 to 4, with several countries not voting at all.
Mary Taylor (R-Uniontown), passed by a vote of 82-6 with 11 members not voting.