I n h i s f i r s t p u b l i c comments since taking up the post, General David Petraeus said: "In this important endeavour, cooperation is not optional.
What does NO stand for?
NO stands for Not Optional
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NO
We have 16 other meanings of NO in our Acronym Attic
- Nominal Model
- Nord-Ouest (French: north west)
- Nord-Ovest (Italian: Northwest)
- Nordost/Nordosten (German; North East)
- Normal Output (fluorescent lighting)
- Normally Open
- Not Official
- Not Open
- Not Out
- Nouveau Orleans (French: New Orleans)
- Novara (Piemonte, Italy)
- Novus Ordo (Latin mass)
- Number Of
- Nuovo Ordinamento (Italian: new Curriculum Requirements)
- Occupation Official (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Niederösterreich (Lower Austria; State)
- National Organization of Americans Battling Unnecessary Servicemember Endangerment
Samples in periodicals archive:
A spokeswoman for the Department of Finance said: "Payment of rates is not optional.
4252(b)(1) is not optional, but required, to be subject to the excise tax.
The advert implied that an MP3 connector, voice-control system and metallic paint came with the car as standard features, not optional extras, the ASA found.
For those who understand and cherish freedom, critical thinking is not optional.
This is not optional," he told Italy's Corriere della Sera newspaper.