The result has been outbreaks of waterborne disease, with the Hepatitis A virus, the Norwalk virus and rotaviruses appearing frequently.
What does NV stand for?
NV stands for Norwalk Virus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NV
We have 15 other meanings of NV in our Acronym Attic
- No Overflow
- Nobilis Vir (Latin: Noble Man, epigraphy)
- Noble Vitae (comic)
- Noise and Vibration (vehicle performance)
- Nominal Voltage
- Non Vital
- Non-Vintage (champagne)
- Nonvernalized (biology)
- Northview Elementary (Olathe, Ks)
- Not Voting (US Congress; list of members silent on a roll call)
- NVIDIA (graphics card maker)
- Nevada Prosecution Advisory Council
- Night Vision and Electro-Optics Laboratory
- Night Vision/Reconnaissance Surveillance and Target Acquisition (US DoD)
- National Veterinary Associates (Agoura Hills, CA)
- National Viatical Association
- National Volleyball Association
- National Vulvodynia Association
- Nationale Volksarmee (East German Military)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is extremely difficult for both ourselves as the tour operator and indeed hoteliers to take preventative action from stopping any infection of the Norwalk Virus.
The number of victims of the Norwalk virus has already reached record levels in the first six months of the year.
A further 25 guests attending a Southampton Institute conference held at the club were also hit by the suspected outbreak of the virulent Norwalk virus.
But earlier in the week the Huddersfield chief spent two days confined to his bed after becoming one of the many Lions victims of the now infamous Norwalk virus.
One man seen as indispensable is Fielden, who was man of the match in Britain's 12-8 defeat by Australia and overcame the Norwalk virus to produce another impressive performance against the Kiwis.